So what’s in a dental nursing course….?
As a dental nurse, you will need skills in knowledge in various areas from patient support to cross infection control, anatomy to contemporaneous patient record keeping …
This is why the national diploma in dental nursing comprehensively covers all these areas and more to ensure you are prepared for a career in the ever-evolving, modern dental practice.
So what does the Lotus Dental Education NEBDN national diploma course consist of?
You will attend lectures, carry out a record of experience as a trainee dental nurse in a dental practice before sitting both a written and practical examination.
The record of experience will allow you to use the theoretical knowledge gained in course lectures and apply it real life practical duties in the surgery plus allow you to reflect on your role.
The course lecture time table and record of experience include:
- THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DENTAL NURSE
- THE DENTAL TEAM: GDC AND NEBDN INTERVIEW ADVICE
- THE DENTAL SURGERY, DENTAL INSTRUMENTS AND MATERIALS
- EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- BASIC LIFE SUPPORT AND MEDICAL EMERGENCY TRAINING
- LEGAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES, HEALTH AND SAFETY AND CROSS INFECTION CONTROL
- MICROBIOLOGY AND PATHOLOGY
- GENERAL ANATOMY/PHYSIOLOGY OF THE SYSTEMS OF THE BODY
- HEAD AND NECK ANATOMY INCLUDING THE SKULL, JAW, TMJ JOINT, MUSCLES OF MASTICATION, SALIVARY GLANDS AND CRANIAL NERVES
- TEETH ANATOMY AND DENTAL CHARTING
- ORAL HEALTH, DENTAL CALCULUS, PLAQUE AND STAINING
- DENTAL CARIES AND RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY.
- RADIOGRAPHY AND RADIATION PROTECTION
- FIXED PROSTHESIS
- REMOVABLE PROSTHESIS
- ORAL SURGERY AND ORAL CANCER
- ANAESTHESIA AND SEDATION.
Throughout the course you will take revision exams and review your progress throughout.
Towards the end of the course, the focus is on repairing the students for the written and practical exams with exam based scenarios practiced to ensure the students are fully prepared for the examinations.
For more information call: 020 7183 4608 or email: email@example.com