Dental nurse training in London
Need a reliable dental nurse in London? We can help!
As a dental practice, the team you have working with you is one of the most important facets of your business. You need great staff to help you carry out your service efficiently and effectively, and who also give patients a continuity of care and familiar faces to look after them.
Finding a good, dependable dental nurse in London is like discovering gold dust, so if you have one we recommend doing your utmost to hold on to them! Recruiting for this role can be tricky business, you want someone who is as passionate about the dental profession as you are, and that can be hard to find.
If you’re looking to recruit high calibre dental nurses, we want to hear from you at Lotus Dental School, because we have a large number of dental nursing students who are seeking trainee roles in London-based dental practices.
Our students are currently undertaking a one-year National Diploma in Dental Nursing, which is accredited by the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses, at a dental nursing school that is second to none. Our students are investing their own time and money into carving out a successful career within dental nursing, so you can rest assured that they are serious about pursuing this path.
We can promote your vacancies to our extensive network of trainee dental nurses, free of charge. If you’d like to find out more, please take a look at our website or call Kelly on 0207 183 4608.
Time to reflect
It’s already November, which means the brand new year is just around the corner. This is a perfect time to look back on 2017 and think about whether it was a good year, or not. What did you enjoy, what could be better, what would you change or do differently if you could?
If your career is called into question during this time of reflection, then make 2018 the year you turn your life around for the better. You shouldn’t spend your time working in a job you hate; life is far too short for that!
At Lotus Dental School, we know what it’s like to feel this way, because this is the exact position our founder, Kelly Haggett, found herself in before she discovered dental nursing – a career that completely changed her life. That’s why she works so hard to promote this path to others, in a bid to help them find new happiness.
We’re currently offering a free, downloadable case study where you can learn all about Erika Osztás’ inspiring journey to become a dental nurse. You’ll also discover how you too could earn while you learn, and as an added bonus you can even come and try a free class to see if dental nursing is for you. Just click here to download Erika’s story now!
What’s happening in our world?
Mouth Cancer Action Month
November is officially Mouth Cancer Action Month, a campaign by the Oral Health Foundation that aims to raise awareness of this devastating disease.
From 1-30 November, dental practices are encouraged to get involved by educating patients on the signs and symptoms to be aware of; and we are perfectly placed within our profession to be able to do this.
Practices who register will receive posters that can be displayed in the patient waiting areas, along with other resources like leaflets and self-examination check lists that can be purchased from the campaign’s online store, here.
As a dental nurse you can play a huge part in oral health education, as patients will often feel able to approach you with their questions, so use Mouth Cancer Action Month as a means of raising awareness and potentially saving more lives!
Do you feel stuck in a job that doesn’t inspire you?
Are you ready to turn your life around?
At the Lotus Dental School, we want to help you to gain a career and change your life for good in the process. Our founder, Kelly Haggett, knows what it’s like to feel trapped in a dead-end job that seems hopeless, but dental nursing became the turning point in her life and now she wants to help you discover your true potential.
At Lotus Dental Education we want you to find your true calling, which is why we offer a taster session completely free of charge (worth £110), where you’ll find out more about the full course and what you can expect from it. By signing up for the taster you are also eligible for £100 discount if you decide to go ahead and book the full course.
If you’re not happy with the direction that your life is heading, why not give dental nursing a try? The Lotus Dental School National Diploma in Dental Nursing is accredited by the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses, and you can get paid as a trainee dental nurse while you’re learning… what’s not to love? Sign up for a taster session here to begin the start of the rest of your life.
‘My Dental Nurse course changed my life’
Kelly’s top tips…
How to create a CV that employers can’t ignore!
Finding that dream role is thrilling but once your application is in, there’s that nail biting period of waiting to hear back. So how can you maximise your chances of securing that perfect job? Well, the first place to start is by creating a knock out CV that potential employers just can’t ignore.
Here are Kelly’s top tips to creating a super CV that will make you stand out from the crowd…
• Do your research – Make the most of the skills that are relevant to your potential new employer, if they do they do lots of community work then shout about any voluntary experience you have. If they are a high-end private practice then highlight any employment you have had in a similar luxury setting. The trick is to tailor your CV to both the role and the employer.
• Short and sweet – Keep it to two pages, and that’s the maximum! Employers may receive lots of applications and they simply don’t have time to read tons of information, so keep your CV punchy and to the point. Make the most of any experience relevant to the role you’re applying for, and keep everything else to a minimum.
• Get creative – An attractively designed CV is going to stand out from the crowd. It can be worthwhile investing in a good template from somewhere like Adobe Stock Templates or similar. When designing your CV, don’t cram in lots of text, as this can be hard to read, instead use white space and bullet points to attract attention.
• The personal touch – Including a photograph will immediately give your application a more personable feel, just make sure it’s a professional headshot and not your favourite selfie!
• Check it – Then check it again, and get someone else to read over it, too. Poor spelling and grammar can be a real turn off for potential employers, so take the time to ensure that yours is spot on.